Tuesday 25 February 2014

mans bag.

On his side of the bag I gave included a handle so it can also be carried under the arm. Here I have sewn on the cording around the sides. This is the outside of the bag all sewn together. I'm really pleased with it so far.
This is the pocket sewn on to the front side of the bag. Really happy with this it looks cool !! The colours work well.
Pocket for the side of the bag. Made of paisley & wool fabric with a popper for the fastener. Made up with this I think it looks boss. Enjoyed making it also. It's meant to represent a horse shoe.
Pattern pieces for the lining of my mans bag. I'm using pasley fabric. Got my inspiration from Oswald Botang.
How cool are these bags by Issey Miyake.
Not to fuzzed on the colour but like the shape of this bag. The shape reminds me of the front pocket on my bag. Also like the gold lock used for the fastening.
This bag is lovely and similar to mine. Seen this in a shop in paris while visiting with the college. I love the pocket and the handles. This has now made me re-think my handles. My handle on the top will be under to much strain with the weight of the bag. Specially as I plan to use tweed across the top of my bag. I think it will work better if I place my handles also on the sides.
This is the other side of the bag. I've incorporated two handle here so the bag can be carried from the top or under his arm. I think I'll change the handles and do them in leather instead. The fabric might not be strong enough.
I have chose to do a big bag for a jockey. This a sample of the bag in its actual size. For the sample I have used a soft foam and scrap fabric. This side of the bag has a pocket incorporated on to it. For the actual bag,  I plan to use leather & tweed. My inspiration for this bag came from a visit to a vintage warehouse in London. Can't wait to produce it.

No comments:

Post a Comment