Tuesday 25 February 2014

Torn apart jacket.

I think this jacket is the best. I've left on the different collar, the trims on the pockets and the different arm. But I've changed the body of the jacket by creating a patch work look. I like tails so I thought I'd try it on a suit. 
   On the back of this jacket I have shaped in the bottom and added on a zip along the centre back.
  I've placed a different fabric over the collar. I think it Would work well either way. One or on both both sides of the collar.
 The bottom of the jacket has been shaped in here and a piece of fabric has been added. The breast of the jacket folds over the other.
  I've put the inside pocket on the out side and finished it of with some trimming.
  This jacket has the cuff turned up reveilling a different type of fabric. The same fabric has been used for the trimming on both of the pockets.
I've played around with the shape and style of the jacket here. I've added a sleeve from a different jacket and shaped in the bottom of the jacket. Placed inside of the pocket to the outside. Leaving in the high collar. Really happy with the different sleeve and pocket. They Work On this one I have incorporated a scarf into the collar and turned up the cuff.
really well.
The collar has been turned up here. Really like this look. This will work in one of my designs.
This is the big pocket from inside. I think this would look quite funky on the outside of a jacket. 
Over the shoulder there are four different types of fabric used for padding. Such as interfacing, wadding, canvas and acetate.
This is the inside of the jacket. I plan to take out the lining to reveal what's behind. 
Like the collar standing up and the two different fabrics. Will incorporate this into my designs. 
This is the back view of the jacket.
I bought this old mans jacket from a charity shop. To research how the jacket had been put together.


No comments:

Post a Comment